WoodSculpt or Wood Therapy is a non-invasive, painless, body sculpting technique in which wooden tools are used to contour the body. There are many forms of Wood Therapy. It was developed in Asia and used for therapeutic purposes. The technique was adopted by Columbian beauty professionals who went on to create different types of wood therapy tools and techniques. WoodSculpt, as performed at Balsam Rose Massage, is the trademark of PureSculpt Beauty and is derived from Wood Therapy.
WoodSculpt activates the production of elastin or collagen, thereby toning and firming the skin. Each wooden instrument has a specific function and its application is particular to the area of the body being worked (such as the arms, legs, abdomen, etc). For example, the barrel roller stimulates circulation and activates the lymphatic system. It allows for intensive work on the hypodermis, thus reducing the appearance of cellulite; whereas the paddle roller warms up the tissue and is perfect for small areas like the waist, hips, and legs, etc. WoodSculpt helps diminish cellulite while toning the body and face. It activates the lymphatic system and smooths out unwanted bulges, leaving the skin smooth. Clients are able to see visible improvements after one session.
Contraindications for Wood Therapy:
- Medical diuretics, hernias, pregnancy (ok after 6 weeks post-delivery), breastfeeding (Wood Therapy can spike milk production or decrease it as well)
After the treatment, clients may experience the following:
- Some redness of the skin due to the increased blood flow to the area(s) worked during the session
- Frequent urination, bowel movement
- Symptoms of detox such as headaches, nausea, fatigue, bloating, cramping, gas, and soreness
- Clients will also experience reduced pain, inflammation, and increased energy levels